Sunday, February 24, 2008

3:30 AM


The title of this post says it all, but since I'm here, I will give an update.
It's now Sunday afternoon. We've been here since Tuesday. I've decided Brighton just likes this 5 star resort a little too much to want to come home yet.
He's stayed about the same the last day and a half. He's on a very small amount of oxygen now which is great, but he can't seem to wean off of that amount. He's great off the oxygen for a few hours, then he needs it again (bummer). He's also still has a quite a bit of mucas down in his chest and in his nose so they are still suctioning him every couple hours. In order for him to come home, he's got to be off oxygen for 12 hours and not have to have a deep suction for 24 hours. So as of right now, he's still on oxygen and he's already been suctioned 3 times today... so odds are we're here another day or two.
Luckily, he is feeling much better though. He is awake and alert a lot more (even at 3 am :) as you can see above). He's even started smiling a little bit! He hasn't really done that yet, so it's fun to see him reach that milestone in his life. He's so much better than he was a few days ago so luckily the hard part is over.
Thank you all for thinking about us and praying for us. It's so comforting to know we've got such great friends and family watching over us!
Love you all. I'll keep you all updated.

7 comments:

The Sohm's said...

I've been waiting for this update. I'm glad he is doing better but sad he won't be coming home yet. I hope that he continues to get better and that he can go home soon as well as his parents. I was showing Garrett the pictures and he was like I want to go there. He said, can we go to hospitals on Sunday. So cute. Kaden and Avery were too darn cute with all of their doctor stuff.

Cannon Family said...

Oh my goodness Turia! It's been a while since I've read your blog. I just got on to show gary your cute header (I'm trying to give my blog a face-list). Anyway, I read all about Brighton's ordeal! I hope he gets all better soon. What a crappy winter for a new little baby! Lydia had her first cold and it was no fun! We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Tracie said...

Turia, you must be exhausted, I know I didn't sleep at all, with all the babies crying and nurses coming in all the time. I'm really serious about taking a turn so you can sleep!!! I'm glad they let your kids go in and see them, they would let anyone under three in and frowned upon Tay and Max coming. They literally said we love you we are going to Idaho until you come home, Bye!! I'm not super attached, I can take help when I need it, but that was really hard to hear when i was so exhausted. I love you and keep your family in my prayers.

Jon and Emily said...

THAT IS THE CUTEST PICTURE! Sorry you had to be up at 3am to capture it!

loven it! said...

hey turia!! so sorry to read about your little baby in the hospital. my best friends little 2 month old just spent 4 days in the hospital with rsv. it was very sad... how is life with 3?? we are expecting our third end of may. another boy. we are on the same pattern! i hope your little baby gets to go home soon! drop me an email. writeleigh@yahoo.com. your college roommie - leigh

The Bergers said...

That is the cutest little picture of Brighton even though he is sick!! So Glad to hear he is doing better.

Heather Ann said...

Sorry that your little guy caught that nasty virus! My little niece caught it just when she was 3 weeks old, at the beginning of this month. She was in the hospital for just a little under 2 weeks, and came home with the oxygen. But is now doing much better! We should feel VERY blessed that we have the technology we do today and the great hospitals that we have here! Good Luck, and hang in there, it will get better! :)