Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Avery's Two Favorite Things




Avery LOVES, ADORES, is EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED to two things in life:

Her "Straw Jammies" (strawberry jammies) and her "Sleep bag". These poor jammies are so loved, I often have to wash them without her knowing and have them back in her room for the evening. There have been times in the middle of the day that we reward her for things she's done well by letting her put her jammies back on after lunch. When she's not wearing them all day long, she never has to be asked more than once to go get ready for bed. Often she will run in her room yelling, "Yeah!!!! Straw Jammies!!!" Life is so simple for a two year old.

As for the "sleep bag". We got this for her earlier this past April when we were heading down to Moab for the weekend. Her brother had a sleeping bag, so we thought she needed her own as well. Little did we know that this poor bag would never be tied up again. It is dragged around everywhere, cuddled with each night and movie time, and usually ends up wherever Avery is going. When she's sad, tired or in trouble, the tears start out and then it's "My Sleep Bag... I need my sleep bag!!" It's cute she has a comfort blanket... just wish it wasn't so big! I've finally figured out it is more effective to put "sleep bag" in time out when she does notty things instead of putting HER in time out! It's amazing how much better it works.

7 comments:

mary jo said...

I wish I had some cool "straw" jammies.

The Sohm's said...

That is so cute! I wish life was that simple. - Nicole

Jana Sohm said...

She makes me laugh!! What a cute little girl

Anonymous said...

that is so cute!!! thanks for the comment on my blog... we might take u up on that!! my mom will be here for another week so we are doing ok... thanks!

The Bergers said...

How funny is that! It is funny what these kids attach themselves too! Avery looks darling and so grown up in the fishing pics!

Joe and Marci said...

Hey Turia, I came upon your blog through a little blog-hopping - I hope you don't mind. Your kids are so darling!! I just heard from Alisha and Julianne Ashton via Facebook. Julianne is probably having her baby this week, but we should get together soon.
Your family is beautiful!! You can see mine on my blog. I'm glad I found you!!

The Sohm's said...

So cute. It sounds like Camri with her "b". That's good idea about the time out. I think I will start taking her blanket away.