Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day



Since Memorial Day is usually reserved for the first boating trip of the season (didn't happen this year) We visit graves on Sunday. This year we went to visit my grandpa's grave and Brian's grandparents grave. It's a neat thing for us to do each year mostly because it gives us a chance to talk to our kids about the neat people that they were. I was advised once that I should teach my children of my parents and grandparents because they will be a great influence in their lives. I hope that is true because my grandparents have played a HUGE part in my life. I am blessed to still have 3 of my four grandparents alive, but it's always a treasure to stop and look back on the awesome example my Grandpa Kieth was and still is after his death.
I never got to know Brian's grandparents, but I sure wish I could have. It's fun to listen to what he remembers about them and the things they went through in their lives.
I'm really grateful that we have families and have the opportunity to carry on their lives through stories and memories.

1 comment:

Shumway Adventures said...

These pictures are adorable! I love them!!!