Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Seriously????

I really don't know who needs to learn more... ME???? or AVERY???? All I can say is.... Seriously????
This is the 3rd.. (yes, I said 3rd) creative learning experiment that took place in her room this week.
#1- Marker all over her dresser, fish tank, picket fence and bed (thank goodness for cleanser.. it works miracles)
#2- Chalk on all the same things (easy enough to clean up)
#3- And then this......

Let's just give you a run down....

11:30 PM.. Brian comes walking upstairs and says, "Turia, are you painting your nails?" It smells like fingernail polish.
Turia: Oh crap... Go check Avery's room now!

This is what we found....

Cute and innocent looking right? She's so sweet when she's asleep.


Cute.. yes... but innocent??? I guess it depends on how you define innocent. Let's just say she's curious.
Here's the evidence....


Well...... This is why it smells so strong in her room.

***Warning*** Picture below is graphic and those with any pride to home decor and their own skin, may cringe at what will be shown here on this blog.


So this is only part of the "crime scene". There was clear glitter polish in a nice smeared pile on her carpet. I don't know how we got so lucky to not have red polish get on the carpet... but her hand made quilt I made for her (that took me HOURS) is now nicely decorated in dark red... much worse than what is on her beloved "sleep bag and Straw Jammies".
Can I just say how happy I am that I just recently posted her two most favorite things before they looked like something that you'd find in the ER?

Brian and I spent the next 20 minutes trying to clean up the damage and just laughing at this precious little girl sleeping soundly in a bed full of fingernail polish. You know... nothing she does seems to phase me anymore. What can you do but laugh? (or maybe cry occasionally?) But mostly laugh... and love her more. Ave's what would I do without you??? I sure wouldn't have nearly as much stuff to blog about!

11 comments:

Jana Sohm said...

I just had to check since you just told my that you were blogging. Oh my goodness. She is a wild girl! Where does she get it? I am just happy that Abby loves "polish" on her nails, and no where else. You know, it's like you say... They do these crazy stunts, but that makes you love them even more. (most of the time anyway :)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!!! that is insane. im impressed that you could laugh at it! i think it would have taken me a few years. hehe! but man she sure is cute!!!

Dyana said...

Hi Turia....I found your blog through Marci's, I think! It was great to see how you & Brian are doing. You have a beautiful family. Feel free to peek in on our blogs...http://waytogowhiteley.blogspot.com/ & http://vinylletterimpressions.blogspot.com/ Take care, Dyana

Annie said...

Hi again. I hope you don't mind me checking in occasionally. It is fun to see what is going on in your life after so long.

Girls will be girls I guess right? Does it amaze you how innate is it for girls to love girly things? Which is great until it comes to fingernail polish! How did you get all of that off of her body?

Jon and Emily said...

The fact that you cut off her head in that picture makes it look that much more morbid! Yikes! I think it's a second child thing...just my opinion!

The Hyding Place said...

Wow. What a mess. Do you even watch your children? HAHA It is really funny that she was asleep when you found her. I probably would have woke her up and yelled at her just so I felt better. Ana loves nail polish and recently asked if she could paint my nails. I let her do both my toenails and my finger nails and boy was it fancy. :0 She just told me yesterday that she needs to do them again.

Joe and Marci said...

We've also experienced the fingernail polish mess (but the red DID get on the carpet), permanent marker on our couch cushions and wooden bench, mascara on the walls and floor, and holes in the wall from a mini-bat - just to mention a few.
The best part will be showing these pictures to her kids....

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh Turia. That looks...messy. It really does look like a crime scene. I love how she is just snoozing away. You said it perfectly, sometimes you have to laugh (and cry).

Annie K said...

How do you laugh and stay calm? I feel that would elude me somehow.

Noriane said...

I'm impressed that you were able to laugh about it. I don't think I could have seen the humor in the situation, let alone take pictures of it. The only advice I can give you is hide the scissors because you know that's next!

Eric and Suzanne said...

Naughty, Naughty, Naughty GIRL! Oh my goodness I can't believe that! Actually, it's Avery, so yes I can! haha