Monday, September 8, 2008

Bridal Show and the launch of my website


The bridal show was a success. It was a long week, a long Saturday, but so much fun. I hope I get some good clients for all the work we put into this. Here's a picture of about half the cakes I did this week. I think it turned out just as I hoped it would.
I couldn't have pulled it through without the help of so many people. Friends & family for stepping in and babysitting, my mom for taking charge of getting everything ready for my booth, my VERY, VERY supportive husband who believes in my more than I believe in myself, Swensen's for giving me the opportunity to even be in the show, and mostly my brother... He put as much time and sleepless nights in this week as I did trying to get my banners, brochures and website designed. They all look amazing and I am so grateful for everyone's support this week.

So, thanks to by bro... I have an awesome site up and going!!! It's still got a little bit of work we've got to do on it, but it looks awesome!! We will be launching a blog on it where I'm going to post lots of fun things. I may even offer some cake decorating classes (still stewing over that one). Check out the site. Hope you like it!!!

12 comments:

Autumn & Chris said...

I loveeeee it Turia. You're soooo talented. What a great site. I'm sorry about your hard drive too.
-Autumn

Jana Sohm said...

I am not bias or anything, but your site really does look good. Your booth was awesome, and your cakes just incredible!! Way to go on getting everything pulled together. You are amazing! I love Brian's entry. He is the cutest!!

Joe and Marci said...

Wow, very impressive display! I can't wait to check out your website, I wish I knew a bunch of engaged couples I could send your way!
Sorry about your computer -same thing happened to me last Christmas. The irony? The external hard drive we ordered online came two days before it crashed but I hadn't even taken it out of the box yet :( Live and learn.

Noriane said...

Wow, I am blown away! Those are probably the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen! Definitely worth forgetting about my diet! :) Your site looks fabulous too! Very professional. Congratulations and I hope you do well!

Annie said...

hi Turia! I am new to the blogging world and just finding out how you can find all sorts of old friends through facebook and google! Your website looks great and I love your cakes. My cake was one of the things I loved most about my own wedding (and the flowers thanks to you and your mom!)Anyway, you guys look great. I am glad you are doing so well. Our blog is coryannie.blogspot.com. Good luck with your cake business! Annie Pierce (Giles)

Heather Ann said...

WAY TO GO TURIA!! The Cakes look AWESOME!! Too pretty to eat!! And your NEW website looks great! So its offical, soon you'll be opening a new office space to do all your cooking and bossing around a handful of employees!

Angie said...

Turia, Way to go!!!!!! I love your website and I think your cakes are amazing. You pulled your crazy week off well. You're awesome.

The Sohm's said...

Turia it was a huge success!! I was there and it looked great!! You are so talented!! I wish you could send some of that talent my way.

The Bergers said...

I am so impressed! You are amazing! The cakes look fantastic! I hope that you get a ton of business from all of this! I think i am going to order one up just for the fun of it! :)

Alder Family said...

Turia, I LOVE the website...it turned out so perfect! I'm so glad the bridal show went well for you :) And I LOVED Brian's post...that was so sweet!

A. L. Martin said...

Turia, I LOVE YOUR WEBSITE. And you of course!!! :) Thanks for being so great!

The Prettymans said...

Love, love, love the website and the cakes. You are so talented! If you start offering classes make sure you let me know! I would love to learn how to make a decorate cakes better.