Monday, December 12, 2011

346/365

(picture coming soon)

Tonight was our annual Sohm Family Service Project.  We try to do 3 or 4 a year, but the Christmas one is always the most fun.  
We've tried many different service projects over the years. We've helped out at the food bank, we've done many things at Primary Children's, we've helped different charities, but this year we decided to something fun for the people around our own area.  
Each family made some soup and bread and chose someone they felt was in need of a meal.. or a little extra love this Christmas.  Then, as a family we went to each house and gave the the soup as we sang at their doorstep.  It was really fun to have each of us have a special connection with one of the people we were serving, and then fun to introduce all 28 of us singing at their door! I'm sure we were a bit of a sight to behold!! 
I gave our soup to a family in our ward that lives in some apartments near my house. They live on the 2nd floor and we filled up the small landing to her door and then continued all the way down the stairs! I'm sure the whole apartment building heard us singing! It was fun though. I think everyone had a fun time, and the kids got to be with their cousins.... that's always the highlight of any of our get togethers. The first question from Kaden's mouth anytime I say we are going to grandma's is, "Are we going to be with Riley and Garrett?"  They LOVE their cousins.  I'm glad we all enjoy being with one another. I have a great family. 

No comments: